Head of Product
Head of Product, Full Time
● Own the product vision, strategy, and execution for our software product
● Champion the needs of our customers into the evolution of our product and services
● Identify, clarify, and manage new features from concept through launch and improvements
● Take responsibility for continuing to evolve best practices across the way that our Product, Engineering, and Design organizations collaborate
● Drive the focus and themes of the roadmap to achieve our business objectives, facilitate input from the leadership team on prioritization, and make clear recommendations for best plan forward
What is the opportunity?
● Be part of a fast-growing startup with proven product-market fit in the renewable energy space
● Work with an energetic, high-performing, collaborative team of individuals who genuinely enjoy working together
● Earn a competitive salary with the potential to earn significantly more through commissions and accelerators
● Represent the Product Function for a 30 person SaaS business
Must have experiences
● 4+ years in Product Management working side by side with Engineering to launch products and features in a B2B SaaS business
● Demonstration of proactively taking initiative on projects to support peers and leaders
● Startup experience in a Seed or Series A
● Demonstration of a strong work ethic, persistence, coachability, and adaptability
Nice to have experiences
● Work experience with utilities, energy developers, or within the energy industry
● Knowledge of renewable energy industry basics and/or development processes
● Strong experience with Confluence, Jira, etc.
● Use your natural curiosity and passion for customer focussed thinking to find ways to richly understand our customers and assimilate how we cater to their needs
● Utilize some great communication skills to lead roadmap refreshes, prioritization, and segmentation by customer cohorts that you’ll help to identify closely with the entire leadership team
● Full cycle Product Management from collecting user feedback, writing tickets, crafting roadmap, and communicating changes
● Build out structures and frameworks for future roadmap decisions
Who we are:
Scrappy, problem-solving big thinkers!
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are invited to send their resume to
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our mission is to balance conservation of the natural world with the needs of the built world.
Transect’s software helps land developers to find, select, and assess their ideal project site.
Our deepest expertise is environmental and landscape constraints, it’s our secret sauce and it underpins our differentiation. The Transect data and interface help our customers to navigate the complex matrix of regulations and permits to get their ideal plot of land with the lowest risks. Today we’re focused on the renewables industry during its accelerated growth, and our solution has applications in all industries that buy and build on plots of land.
The company’s technology combines public and proprietary datasets, industry expertise, proprietary algorithms, and site-specific context, to accurately define timeline, cost and footprint implications of permits and regulations. The permits are designed to protect endangered species, wetlands, aquifers, sensitive areas, and more, impacts of which can create years of delay and millions of dollars of mitigation cost to the businesses doing the construction. We help our customers understand how to avoid and minimize impacts to these kinds of resources, showing them that what is good for the environment is almost always also good for business. Our typical customer uses our software to consider over 100 sites per year.
Our team has over 50 years of experience managing environmental compliance and permitting underpinning our differentiation.
● A “values first” inclusive, team of self-starting, mission-driven individuals
● Accountable, agile, and results focused as we continue to scale with speed
Other facts about the business:
Founded in 2016, HQ, San Antonio and Austin, TX
Stage: A+ round funded
Thriving remote culture
100% Paid Employee Health Benefits