Portfolio Operations Associate/Specialist
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2021
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, but are open to remote location depending on role and if a candidate resides in a state we currently employ in.
The mission of the Portfolio Operations team is to provide operations support for Omnidian’s clients and their portfolios of residential solar assets. Portfolio Operations team members will advocate for their client’s interests internally and ensure Omnidian delivers an unmatched client experience.
To support our growth, we will be hiring two people, likely one associate and one specialist or two associates.
Portfolio Operations Associate: As an Associate, you will be managing a subset of cases for one or more of our clients. As you grow, you will be set up to become a Portfolio Operations Specialist and take on direct ownership of a client relationship
Portfolio Operations Specialist: As a Specialist, you will be managing our smaller or less complex clients. As you grow, you will be set up to become a Portfolio Operations Manager and take on our full range of clients.
What you'll do
- Portfolio Operations Management & Reporting:
- Support portfolio remediation projects, in coordination with the client and internal Omnidian teams
- Learn, execute and help implement improvements on processes, documentation and resources related to their clients for the Operations team
- Support escalated cases by researching relevant details related to solar performance or contract details
- Use template to create and annotate monthly client reporting packages for teammate to review
- Support ad-hoc reporting requests from clients and ensure appropriate response and/or delivery of reporting
- Supporting Client Relations:
- Join in on regular meetings with clients (hosted by a more tenured teammate) to observe or take notes and learn first-hand client relationship skills
- Follow up on client meetings through internal process improvements or case work
- Collaborate with teammates in managing operations processes and Omnidian responsibilities as outlined in their client contracts
Who you are
- High priority
- Highly responsive and organized
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes ownership of resolving issues to completion
- Committed to supporting a positive client experience
- Adept with ambiguity (though you will be supported by an experienced and smart team)
- Written and verbal communication is clear, concise and articulate
- You take detailed and efficient notes, and double-chec for errors : )
- You proactively identify process improvement opportunities with a bias for action
- You are interested in understanding the needs of the client along with the financial and operational impacts to the organization
Experience for Associate role
- High Priority
- 6+ months of Solar PV training, courses or experience (preferably with familiarity on pre-permission to operate requirements) OR 2+ years of project management experience
- High comfort and enjoyment in Excel, including sorting and filtering
- Track record of identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Preferred but not required
- Some project management, client support, or customer service experience
- Some basic quality assurance experience
Experience for Specialist role
- High Priority
- 2+ years of Solar PV experience, preferably with pre-Permission to Operate requirements
- High comfort and enjoyment in Excel, including pivot tables and data clean up
- Track record of improving processes
- Preferred but not required
- Some project or Client Management experience, especially in building or growing client relationships
- Some familiarity with data analytics, financial analysis, and/or CRM tools
Work-life and Culture
- All of our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative co-working space in the heart of downtown Seattle
- If you are near one of our employee clusters, we offer one or more local gatherings per year
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, 401(k) administration, thoughtful PTO, and paid sabbatical leave after four years
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes monthly health insurance premiums, quarterly bonus and long-term stock options for every employee
- We love to lift each other up through company-wide slack channels such as #puppiesandpets, #omnidian-wellness, #praiseandbooms and #sustainablefuture
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust. For examples, check out our post What Makes an Ethical Company?
Grow with us
- We mentor and invest in our employees and prioritize them for future opportunities. Check out our Instagram reels to see a few career journey examples (including some people who were on this team)
- Internal candidates: Check out our advice on Internal Transfer: Job Application Process
- Here are the next roles in this career track:
- Portfolio Operations Manager: As a Manager, you will be managing our full range of clients, in terms of size and complexity. As you grow, you will be set up to become a Sr. Portfolio Operations Manager and take on our most critical and complex clients
- Sr Portfolio Operations Manager: As a Sr Manager, you will be trusted with the clients that are most critical to our business -- they are the fastest growing, the largest, and often the most complex or the most intense.
- We’re a fast-growing startup, which means we’re constantly reinventing processes, adding new products, and asking people to use all of their skills and talents. That means there’s gonna be a lot of opportunities for you to grow, which also means you will likely be stretched in ways you’ve never experienced in a job before. If you are resilient, determined, and not afraid of a big challenge, come apply.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.