Manager, Financial Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, but are open to remote location depending on role and if a candidate resides in a state we currently employ in.
Omnidian is seeking a hands-on, solution-oriented team player to join the organization as our Manager, Financial Operations. This position is an exciting opportunity to transform the core operational processes to create an efficient and effective flow of data in support of our partners, customers, and employees. The Manager, Financial Operations will lead and manage the Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash and Payroll processes. With a focus on project management, data integrity, process flows, appropriate controls, and exceptional customer service, you will partner closely with key organizational stakeholders to support the scaling of our business.
What You'll Do
- At Omnidian we believe in trust and autonomy. How you create an impact is ultimately up to you. Here is an outline of some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Manage and mentor a team of 5 accounts receivable and accounts payable team members
- Drive performance management, team bonus and budget, and any future hiring
- Support the customer lifecycle from pre-sale through billings and collections
- Ensure consistent and accurate invoicing of customers in accordance with each contract
- Support the timely validation and processing of bills for Omnidian’s national network of field service partners across all lines of business
- Work collaboratively with our internal Operations team to enhance the bill validation process, ensuring accuracy and approval in an efficient manner
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of semi-monthly payroll
- Partner with our People team to ensure ongoing state and federal compliance
- Partner with Accounting to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Leverage integrated financial systems to drive automation and support business scale
Lead the team
Champion the Order-to-Cash process
Drive the Procure-to-Pay process
Own the Payroll process
Collaborate for scale
Who You Are
- ARTful: accountable, respectful, and transparent
- Bias for action supported by an ongoing willingness to learn
- Exceptional ability to communicate and collaborate with various organizational stakeholders
Experience You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience in financial operations with specific knowledge of:
- how those operations flow through the finance functions
- their impact on financial reporting
- internal controls necessary to ensure data integrity
- 3+ years of supervisor or management experience
Experience That's a Plus
- Supervisor experience specifically of receivables, payables, and payroll staff
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in quantitative field including finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, or business management
- Proven experience in project management
Work-Life & Culture
- All of our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative co-working space in the heart of downtown Seattle
- If you are near one of our employee clusters, we offer one or more local gatherings per year
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, 401(k) administration, thoughtful PTO, and paid sabbatical leave after four years
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes monthly health insurance premiums, quarterly bonus and long-term stock options for every employee
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust. For examples, check out our post What Makes an Ethical Company?
Grow With Us
- We mentor and invest in our employees and prioritize them for future opportunities. Check out our Instagram reels to see a few career journey examples
- We’re a fast-growing startup, which means we’re constantly reinventing processes, adding new products, and asking people to use all of their skills and talents. That means there’s gonna be a lot of opportunities for you to grow, which also means you will likely be stretched in ways you’ve never experienced in a job before. If you are resilient, determined, and not afraid of a big challenge, come apply.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.