Growth Manager (Australia)
Sales & Business Development
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, but are open to remote location depending on role and if a candidate resides in a state we currently employ in.
About this role
The Growth Manager will support Omnidian’s growth efforts in the Australian market. In this position you will execute a marketing and sales strategy designed to deliver growth over the next two years of growth.
You will also be responsible for client success, acting as the client advocate in discussions relating to integration projects, client growth and operations performance.
What You'll Do
- Marketing and Sales (70% of role)
- We are in growth mode in Australia. For the next 6-12 months, we’ll be working with solar retailers to discover product-market fit.
- Lead Marketing: execute a marketing strategy to introduce Omnidian to the Australian market, with a focus on solar retailers active in the residential solar and storage segment. Success will be measured by the number and quality of leads created.
- Support Sales: in partnership with the VP Australia, negotiate contracts with prospective clients to provide services for their existing fleet and future flow of assets. Success will be measured by asset growth and contracted Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR).
- Client Success (30% of role)
- As we grow, we will need to onboard and manage new clients. Over the next few years, we plan to add 20-30 new clients across Australia.
- Client Onboarding: develop and lead execution of integration plans with new clients, ensuring a smooth transition from in-house service management to Omnidian service provision. Success will be measured by retention of clients through the first 12 months.
- Client Management: nurture relationships with key clients, to ensure value creation through customer care, asset management and client growth. Success will be measured by growth in client revenue over the medium term, associated with contracting and delivery of higher value services.
Who You Are
- Problem Solving
- Ability to independently make decisions and solve problems.
- Strong ability to coalesce meaningful action among multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Attitude & Working Style
- Passion for learning new skills and concepts.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating with business owners and executives.
- Time Management & Organization
- Highly organized and process oriented.
- Experience managing multiple priorities.
- Technology Competencies
- Comfortable working in a “low code” environment (Airtable, Hubspot).
- Experienced in project and technology scoping.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience.
- Previous Work Experience
- 1-5 years of professional experience in residential solar.
- Experience in B2B marketing and/or sales is highly valued.
- A business development background is valued, but not essential.
- A generalist who can work across multiple areas is preferred.
- Industry Experience
- Detailed understanding of residential solar technology and industry.
Work-life at Omnidian
- We are based in Seattle (USA) and Perth (Australia). We are looking for somebody based in Sydney or Melbourne. All Australian employees work remotely.
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect & trust.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.