Solar Technical Support Associate/Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, December 19, 2020
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, but are open to remote location depending on role and if a candidate resides in a state we currently employ in.
Technical Support Associate/Specialist
The Technical Support Associate or Specialist will help Omnidian deliver a fantastic customer experience so that we can provide peace of mind to current homeowners and create a model for solar to become fully mainstream in America. We call that Solar Without Fear.
What You’ll Do
At Omnidian we believe in trust and autonomy. How you create an impact is ultimately up to you. Here is an outline of some of the things you’ll be doing:
50% On Phones
· Receive inbound phone calls that are transferred to you from our Tier 1 Associates or make scheduled and non-scheduled outbound phone calls. Answer their technical questions, troubleshoot solar systems remotely, dispatch field service technicians as needed.
· Between phone calls, respond to or action tickets that have been escalated to Tier 2
50% Off Phones
· Follow up on open tickets, working with homeowners, field service partners, and internal managers to come to win-win solutions
· Improve our processes through self-directed and collaborative projects
· Engage in ongoing training and mentoring to increase your knowledge of our business model
Experience You’ll Need
· For the Technical Support Specialist position, we are looking for candidates with 2+ years of solar experience/knowledge (e.g. technical support role, field service role, technical coursework, solar certificate, or other relevant experience).
· For the Technical Support Associate position, we are looking for candidates with 6+ months solar experience/knowledge or 2+ years of IT or Technical Troubleshooting
· If you have experience with customer support, IT, troubleshooting etc but no solar experience, please look for our Customer Support Associate position as a way to switch into the solar field.
· We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds. Most candidates have 6 or more total years of work experience, education, or service.
When You'll Work
· Omnidian's current main business hours are Monday through Friday 7a to 5p Pacific Time
· As our company grows we are looking to provide further customer support during weekend hours. This would mean that working hours could be any day from Monday-Sunday from 9-5:30 PST. We will do our best to form a steady schedule, and ensure that team members are still receiving two days off per week.
· We trust our employees to get work done wherever and whenever works best. We've been remote during the pandemic, though we do now have some shared office space in a downtown Seattle WeWork for those who want to come in some days.
Languages You Speak
· We have some Spanish-speaking customers, so native-level fluency in Spanish is a big plus
We are looking to hire by the end of July.
Since we mentor and invest in our employees and prioritize them for positions, joining this team gives you the chance to chart your own course. Check out our Instagram reels to see a few career journey examples.
Who You Are
Our team members have unbounded enthusiasm for making a difference. In addition to representing Omnidian’s mission and values, you possess the following skills:
· You are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience
· You seek to understand other’s point of view
· You can deliver tough news clearly and compassionately
· You enjoy stability and strive for mastery in a job
· Your written and verbal communication is clear, concise and articulate. You take detailed and efficient notes
· You proactively identify process improvement opportunities with a bias for action
· You can balance the voice of the customer while balancing the financial impact to the organization
Let's Be Real
This is a really challenging job. It’s rewarding, yes, but challenging. We’re a fast-growing startup, which means we’re constantly reinventing processes, adding new products, and asking people to use all of their skills and talents. We have big plans, and with the climate crisis we can’t afford to take it too slowly. That means there’s gonna be a lot of opportunities for you to grow, which also means you will likely be stretched in ways you’ve never experienced in a job before.
We know it’s hard sometimes, so we are committed to providing our team members with compassionate and effective managers, support for a healthy work-life balance, free or discounted mental health benefits, a loving and inclusive atmosphere where you can be yourself (even on bad days), and thoughtful policies that ensure you’re treated with dignity and respect not only by colleagues but also from customers.
If you are resilient, determined, and not afraid of a big challenge, come apply.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.