Senior Data Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, and are a remote first organization.
This role will be responsible for Data Management and Engineering work to support an enterprise Salesforce implementation (Sales Cloud, CLM, CPQ, Service Cloud), including integrations with an in house application, a data warehouse and a financial system. This role will be coordinating and communicating across internal partner teams such as Sales, Operations, Finance and Engineering including both individual contributors and senior leadership.
What You’ll Do
- Act as Technical Lead for Engineering work to support several Salesforce implementation projects
- Define business and technical requirements for Engineering (including Data Management and Data Integrations) to support a Salesforce implementation (Sales Cloud, CLM/CPQ, Service Cloud)
- Own the standards for data integration between systems in the Omnidian ecosystem
- Build data integrations between systems in the Omnidian ecosystem
- Create and update documentation on data mapping between systems
- Create and maintain documentation on data integrations
- Update data integrations as needed
- Support Data Management processes (Business Terms and Definitions, Data Mapping, Source of Authority Documentation)
- Follow internal processes and standards, while proposing additions and changes to processes and standards as appropriate
Who You Are
- Experience migrating data and major functionality in an operational system which is required to be operational every day
- Experience writing Functional and Technical specification documentation
- Strong understanding of Data Management concepts and processes (Data Mapping, Data Quality, Data Consistency across systems)
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to plan work and track/communicate progress against the plan
- Ability to move forward in the face of ambiguity, communicating clearly when clarity is necessary to proceed
- Experience using APIs to transfer data between systems securely
- Experience with OOP (Java/Kotlin)
- Familiarity with services architecture
- Experience with Database Schema design
- Full base salary range of $117,000-$159,000
- Up to 15% bonus, paid quarterly
- Salary Band and Philosophy: We place candidates within the band based on professional experience, not negotiating skills, as part of our overall effort to avoid gender pay discrepancy.
- If you're a high potential candidate that needs additional training and support, we're willing to bring you below the midpoint and invest in your success. If you're a candidate with particularly deep experience and expertise, we're willing to bring you in at or above the midpoint. Most candidates will come in at the midpoint, and all employees have the ability to move up in their band through annual merit increases (and move to the next band through promotions).
- 100% of health insurance monthly premiums paid for employees, and 50% health insurance premiums covered for dependents
- Stock options
- Up to $500 annual learning reimbursement
Work-Life at Omnidian
- All of our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative workspace in the heart of downtown Seattle
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, self-managed PTO, paid sabbatical leave, transit and 401(k)
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes a bonus and equity for every employee
- We are dog lovers and our offices and many of our events are dog-friendly
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
See more open positions at Omnidian
Something looks off?