Senior Commercial Solar Performance Analyst
Posted on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, but are open to remote location depending on role and if a candidate resides in a state we currently employ in.
The Senior Commercial Solar Performance Analyst is an individual contributor role who will have primary responsibility for the operational health and performance of a growing portfolio of commercial solar projects. The qualified candidate is experienced with solar monitoring platforms and solar data analysis and has demonstrated a track record of excellent customer service and client communications. This role requires a self-starter skilled at managing multiple tasks and priorities, working across daily routine tasks as well as innovative projects. The Senior Commercial Solar Performance Analyst will identify and resolve performance issues with commercial solar systems, support the onboarding of new clients and assets, deliver reporting obligations, provide technical support assistance to customers and service technicians.
What You'll Do
- Monitoring, alert management, and issue detection: Well-versed with Data Acquisition System (DAS) platforms to evaluate alerts and make informed recommendations to internal and external stakeholders when corrective actions are needed. Analyze project data to identify performance trends and spot performance issues in commercial solar systems 15 kW up to 10 MW.
- Service Coordination: Create and track service tickets to resolve system anomalies. Work closely with the Portfolio Operations Team to ensure all issues are resolved and tickets closed in a timely manner. Field calls from technicians during site visits to provide technical support and DAS portal verifications as needed.
- Technical Support: Support client and site host customer communications; support field service technician communications; assist in resolving escalated issues.
- Onboarding: Working with Portfolio Operations Manager, create new assets in Omnidian’s platforms, connect assets to data sources, and configure client solar asset information. Ensure assets’ technical specifications are fully onboarded to enable the automated reporting features of Omnidian’s platform.
- Modeling: Assist Lead Performance Engineer with performing simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance using Omnidian’s platform.
- Reporting: Produce performance reports for assigned clients and portfolios using proprietary systems with adherence to industry guidelines. Verify accuracy of reporting metrics.
- Sales Support: Assist performance modeling team to provide pre-sales support to win
- new business. Provide technical support and feedback to sales team.
- Continuous process improvement: Participate in identifying, documenting and adopting best practices and standardized operating procedures. Help identify features and improvements for Omnidian’s proprietary platform. Cross-train team members in DAS portals
Who You Are
- Strong understanding of solar technology, monitoring systems, maintenance practices, and solar industry landscape.
- Experience in customer escalations, tier one technical support and project management.
- Well-versed with Data Acquisition System (DAS) platforms
- Strong technical skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and knows when to escalate.
- Highly organized and process oriented
Skills and experience we are looking for
- Understanding of solar technology, monitoring systems, maintenance practices, and solar industry landscape.
- Experience with solar monitoring DAS platforms and alerts
- Experience performing energy simulations in platforms like PV systems or similar a plus
- Experience reading and interpreting solar system design drawings a plus, but not required
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized and process-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, G Suite, CRM applications
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities
- Passion for learning new skills and concepts
- Embraces change and can adapt to the needs of the business and team
- Full base salary range $63,000-$86,000
- Up to 15% bonus, paid quarterly
- Salary Band and Philosophy: We place candidates within the band based on professional experience, not negotiating skills, as part of our overall effort to avoid gender pay discrepancy.
- If you're a high potential candidate that needs additional training and support, we're willing to bring you below the midpoint and invest in your success. If you're a candidate with particularly deep experience and expertise, we're willing to bring you in above the midpoint. Most candidates, though, will come in at the midpoint, and all employees have the ability to move up in their band through annual merit increases (and move to the next band through promotions).
- 100% of health insurance monthly premiums paid for employees, and 50% health insurance premiums covered for dependents
- Stock options
- Up to $500 annual learning reimbursement
Work-Life at Omnidian
- All of our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative workspace in the heart of downtown Seattle
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, self-managed PTO, paid sabbatical leave, transit and 401(k)
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes a bonus and equity for every employee
- We are dog lovers and our offices and many of our events are dog-friendly
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.