Portfolio Operations Manager, Commercial
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2022
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, but are open to remote location depending on role and if a candidate resides in a state we currently employ in.
The Commercial Portfolio Operations Manager will monitor and manage assigned distributed generation solar assets, to ensure optimal performance for their client's solar photovoltaic (PV) asset portfolio, as well as energy storage projects. This role will report to the Manager of Commercial Operations, while also working closely with the entire Commercial Operations Team. The qualified candidate will work independently as the primary point of contact for their assigned clients, will be responsible for all activities from the initial client & asset onboarding, manage and deliver reporting obligations, provide technical support to clients and service technicians, and support sales and product development initiatives.
For our next role, we are focused on a West Coast candidate. Other qualified candidates may be contacted for future openings down the line.
What You’ll Do
- Portfolio Oversight and Management:
- Oversee a portfolio of 100-150 MW of distributed solar assets.
- Manage and coordinate external field service resources to maximize service efficiency and minimize site downtime.
- Work within contractual and budgetary requirements to maximize portfolio production.
- Supervise subcontracted annual O&M services including preventative maintenance, panel washing, and ground maintenance.
- Dispatch subcontracted O&M services for ad hoc maintenance issues and reactive work.
- Enforce all company, quality, and safety standards during inspections and maintenance activities.
- Maintain site warranty databases and ensure compliance with warranty requirements.
- Operational Coordination and Technical Support:
- Create and manage tickets for planned and unplanned service activities.
- Serve as secondary support for monitoring assigned assets and provide system monitoring support for field technicians.
- Utilize an internal production reporting platform for tracking system production across the fleet.
- Generate and prepare quotes for service activities.
- Engage and collaborate with external engineering firms for retrofits, re-powering, and re-designs of systems.
- Work with equipment/inverter/DAS technical support to troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
- Manage RMA processes and replacement of faulty components, including delivery and returns of equipment.
- Client Engagement and Reporting:
- Lead weekly client update/check-in calls.
- Establish, maintain, and improve relationships with asset stakeholders such as site owners and facilities personnel.
- Review and deliver asset performance and service visit report deliverables to assigned clients.
- Contribute to the development and revisions of Omnidian's standard operating procedure library.
- Embrace flexibility and adaptability as the job description may evolve over time.
Who You Are
- Thrive in a fast-paced, growth-mode environment
- Highly organized and capable of driving multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical understanding of business operations infrastructure and tools, including CRM, support ticketing, ERP, and business intelligence
- Take ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate persons and follow up accordingly with the customer.
- Curious, with a passion for learning new skills and concepts
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Embrace change and can quickly adapt to the needs of the business and team
- Ability to stay cool under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience You'll Need
- 2+ years of experience in the solar energy industry in account management, asset management, system design, or field service and maintenance.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Proven experience with client account management
- Experience with solar monitoring DAS platforms and alerts.
- Experience reading and interpreting solar system design drawings.
- Strong understanding of solar technology, monitoring systems, maintenance practices, and solar industry landscape.
Experience That's a Plus
- 3+ years of solar experience
- 2+ years in Commercial
- Experience in Storage technologies
- NABCEP certification
Work-Life and Culture
- All of our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative co-working space in the heart of downtown Seattle
- If you are near one of our employee clusters, we offer one or more local gatherings per year
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, 401(k) administration, thoughtful PTO, and paid sabbatical leave after four years
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes monthly health insurance premiums, quarterly bonus and long-term stock options for every employee
- We love to lift each other up through company-wide slack channels such as #puppiesandpets, #omnidian-wellness, #praiseandbooms and #sustainablefuture
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust. For examples, check out our post What Makes an Ethical Company?
Grow With Us
- We mentor and invest in our employees and prioritize them for future opportunities. Check out our Instagram reels to see a few career journey examples
- Here are future potential opportunities from this career track:
- Senior Portfolio Operations Manager or
- Portfolio Operations Lead
- We’re a fast-growing startup, which means we’re constantly reinventing processes, adding new products, and asking people to use all of their skills and talents. That means there’s gonna be a lot of opportunities for you to grow, which also means you will likely be stretched in ways you’ve never experienced in a job before. If you are resilient, determined, and not afraid of a big challenge, come apply.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.