Portfolio Operations Manager, Commercial
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2022
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, but are open to remote location depending on role and if a candidate resides in a state we currently employ in.
The Commercial Portfolio Operations Manager will monitor and manage assigned distributed generation solar assets, to ensure optimal performance for their client's solar photovoltaic (PV) asset portfolio, as well as energy storage projects. This role will report to the Manager of Commercial Operations, while also working closely with the entire Commercial Operations Team. The qualified candidate will work independently as the primary point of contact for their assigned clients, will be responsible for all activities from the initial client & asset onboarding, manage and deliver reporting obligations, provide technical support to clients and service technicians, and support sales and product development initiatives.
- Oversee a portfolio of 100-150 MW of distributed solar assets.
- Manage and coordinate external field service resources to maximize service efficiency and minimize site downtime.
- Work within contractual and budgetary requirements to maximize portfolio production.
- Supervise subcontracted annual O&M services including preventative maintenance, panel washing, and ground maintenance.
- Dispatch subcontracted O&M services for ad hoc maintenance issues and reactive work
- Enforce all company, quality and safety standards during all inspections and maintenance activities.
- Maintain site warranty databases and ensure compliance with warranty requirements.
- Create and manage tickets for planned and unplanned service activities.
- Serve as secondary support for monitoring of assigned assets and provide system monitoring support for field technicians.
- Utilize internal production reporting platform for tracking system production across fleet.
- Generate and prepare quotes for service activities.
- Engage & collaborate with external engineering firms for retrofits, re-powering, and re-designs of systems.
- Work with equipment/inverter/DAS technical support to troubleshoot and resolve any system issues.
- Manage RMA processes and replacement of faulty components including delivery and returns of equipment.
- Lead weekly client update/check in calls.
- Establish, maintain, and improve relationships with asset stakeholders such as site owners and facilities personnel.
- Review and deliver asset performance & service visit report deliverables to clients assigned.
- Contribute to the development & revisions of Omnidian's standard operating procedure library.
- Embrace flexibility and adaptability. Job description may evolve over time.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the solar energy industry in account management, asset management, system design, or field service and maintenance.
- Proven experience with client account management
- Experience with solar monitoring DAS platforms and alerts.
- Experience reading and interpreting solar system design drawings.
- Strong understanding of solar technology, monitoring systems, maintenance practices, and solar industry landscape.
- Experience in Storage technologies is a plus
- NABCEP certification is a plus
- Base salary midpoint is $70,000, with a +/-15% range of $59,500 - $80,500
- Up to 15% quarterly bonus, with eligibility beginning after 90 days
- Salary Band and Philosophy: We place candidates within the band based on professional experience, not negotiating skills, as part of our overall effort to avoid gender pay discrepancy.
- If you're a high potential candidate that needs additional training and support, we're willing to bring you below the midpoint and invest in your success. If you're a candidate with particularly deep experience and expertise, we're willing to bring you in above the midpoint. Most candidates will come in at the midpoint, and all employees have the ability to move up in their band through annual merit increases (and move to the next band through promotions).
- 100% of health insurance monthly premiums paid for employees, and 50% health insurance premiums covered for dependents
- Stock options
- Up to $500 annual learning reimbursement
Work-Life at Omnidian
- All of our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative workspace in the heart of downtown Seattle
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical leave, transit and 401(k)
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes a bonus and equity for every employee
- We are dog lovers and our offices and many of our events are dog-friendly
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.