Imaging Systems Engineer
Note: this position can also be hybrid.
Hydrosat is a venture-backed space data analytics company developing a new earth observation constellation and software to unlock the power of thermal infrared imagery. Our mission is to capture and deliver thermal infrared data, currently not available from other sources, to provide insights into crop health, drought and wildfire risk, industrial activity, and situational awareness to government and commercial customers.
We are seeking a Senior Imaging Systems Engineer to support the development of Hydrosat’s earth observation constellation. The team is responsible for system-level analysis, operations, simulation and development of our novel earth observation system. This role will appeal to candidates that are looking to use their engineering skills to make an impact on the world in agriculture, climate, and public safety monitoring applications. The right candidate will be endlessly fascinated by technologies in thermal sensing, photography, science, systems engineering, and space operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the design, manufacturing, testing, and operation of new and advanced imaging systems as a technical lead
- Support a multi-team Systems Engineering effort to develop an advanced earth observation satellite constellation
- Design, develop, and test prototype components in a lab environment
- Develop, review, and implement requirements and interface control documents
- Work with subsystem teams to ensure requirements verification and system integration
- Model imaging performance
- Collaborate with external partners and vendors for development, integration, and testing of the imaging payloads
- Develop and implement geometric and radiometric calibration plans for the imaging systems
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Technical background in imaging science or imaging systems engineering
- 5+ years of experience with thermal imaging systems
- Strong first principles thinking and decision making
- A passion for earth observation and its applications
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive execution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams to deliver capability to users
- Experience with imaging system calibration and performance characterization
- Equity options
- Health insurance: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Maternity, Paternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
- Flexible work location
- 401K Matching
Hydrosat provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.