Senior System Design Engineer - PCBA
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilitieselectrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provideclean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost andaccelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure.FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV chargingservices to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainableelectrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributedpower source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategicinvestors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate,utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger,FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as weelectrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on usingconventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs withrequests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams areincluding our technology as eligible for incentives, and they areseeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets andprovide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWirehas deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies,commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. Inaddition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bpsubsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, havealready deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S.FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to dateon federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in somecases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and thecompany recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy Americacompliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us@FreeWireTech.
Senior System Design Engineer - PCBA
FreeWireTechnologies is seeking a Senior System Design Engineer to join ourteam. As a Senior System Design Engineer, you will help us fundamentallychange the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles. You will helpFreeWire evolve its solutions from providing EV charging where theavailable grid connections do not have the capacity to a full suite ofenergy services that will help accelerate sustainable electrification.You will help define and design future products that will allow us toprovide services like bidirectional connections to the grid.
FreeWirehas secured funding to accelerate international market expansion of ourproducts and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers.To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly.
We areseeking an extremely motivated individual to lead the design andintegration of our charging systems. Key attributes will be exceedingexpectations, flexibility in performing tasks, a commitment toorganization and documentation, and enthusiasm to do what it takes toget the job done.
- Design PCBAs forour EV charging systems with integrated batteries, includingarchitecture, requirements definition, component selection, integration,and test
- Design printed circuit boards that meet design constraints and rules
- Work with electrical engineers to design circuit boards assemblies including high voltage, high power, and high-speed PCBs
- Work with mechanical engineers on mechanical-electrical packaging
- Support quick-turn board builds with PCBA contract manufacturers
- Develop and execute tests for PCBAs and associated systems
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus in power electronics
- 5+ years of experience designing PCB Assemblies for electro-mechanical systems
- Strong understanding of modern PCB design and manufacturing process
- Proficient in using Altium and supporting tools for PCB Layout and Schematic Capture
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing standards and process
- Experience designing for power electronics, analog signal processing, high-speed communication, A/D and D/A boards
- Experience with battery management systems
- A problem-solving mentality, demonstrating curiosity and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may besubject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of thecompany. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties notspecifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
Weprovide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, andequity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end ofthe range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on severalfactors, including location, skills, and experience level.
AtFreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all ourcandidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex,pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, maritalstatus, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, orany other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologiesbelieves in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications andexperiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.