MBA Summer Analyst
About EnMass Energy:
EnMass Energy is a tech-enabled commodity brokerage and end-to-end marketplace solution for energy projects sourcing unconventional fuel sources. Our software platform leverages proprietary waste management, agricultural, commercial, industrial, and retail market information to empower energy project developers, operators, and investors to procure waste commodities and manage waste-to-energy supply chains. We are constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver high quality, actionable operational guidance and procurement strategy, as well as the associated impacts on energy supply chains.
About our team:
EnMass Energy needs experienced, cross-functional team members to help us achieve our mission – connecting any type of waste commodity to any type of energy project. We are a pragmatic, data-driven team comfortable using industry standard software techniques on new and non-traditional data sets and operational use-cases. We build systems that create entirely new commodity markets, connect suppliers with our projects, and optimize every step of the process with digital efficiencies. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
About the Opportunity:
EnMass Energy is looking for a passionate summer MBA intern/analyst to work directly with our CEO to support the expansion and additional roll-out of a new sales and marketing strategy. This is an opportunity to add value to a well-funded but early-stage startup, and get experience in the trenches of energy entrepreneurship at a venture backed firm.
You should have a desire to work in a diverse team environment and working along a business narrative to solve problems. Candidates should have an innovative mindset, be considerate and respectful, and able to work independently. Expected, but flexible start date is May 2021, and the program will have a 3-4 month duration.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide the market intelligence that drives EnMass Energy’s overall strategy
- Support the analysis of information that helps evaluate, rank and select the state and regional markets that we target for sales and marketing strategy
- Synthesize economic, commodity, financial, regulatory, and other data from a wide variety of sources
- Participate in contract negotiations and strategy implementation
- Prepare sales target memorandums, presentations, and materials
- Have direct involvement in the transaction process, working closely with other team members and outside service or capital providers such as independent counsel, lenders, co-investors, etc.
- Actively research assigned industry verticals for potential sales or marketing targets
- Evaluate and expand the existing sales process for EnMass Energy SaaS products and commodity marketplace
- Support the creation of new sales collateral for new customer segments
What You Should Have:
- Enrolled and actively pursuing a Masters of Business Administration or similar graduate (energy economics, finance, environmental science) degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (if applicable)
- Strong cross-functional (quantitative and qualitative) analytical skills
- Sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ambitious self-starter with a desire to contribute meaningfully to a growing platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual format
- Preference for candidates located in Durham, NC or Boulder, CO
About Our Culture:
We believe a circular economy and energy system is the most impactful solution to climate change. That’s why it’s our mission to make waste-to-energy and waste-to-value projects easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the EnMass Energy Platform – a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. EnMass Energy today connects thousands of clients and suppliers across multiple countries. Started in 2015, we’re backed by a number of big players in the industry, including Cox Enterprises and TechStars.
Worried about not having any experience with Waste to Energy?
Don’t be! We’re building the first of its kind software platform for waste-to-energy. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the renewable energy industry forward. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.