Natural Resources Regional Lead
You: *tired of delineating wetlands, missing your dog, shuddering at the word “billable”*
Your boss: *Sends you to North Dakota in January, aware you hate the cold and look better in summer colors*
You: *Googles how to survive frostbite and where to rent the movie Eight Below, then sees an ad for Transect*
Transect Ad: “Transect is cool and we use technology to consult for our clients in a room with central heating, wearing our PJs, and we don’t value our worth in billable hours. Come work here.”
Transect is looking for environmental consultants that have a good amount of field experience, direct permitting experience (ESA Section 7, CWA 404, NEPA, etc), and client-facing experience to join our growing team of environmental folks that are changing the way the environmental consulting industry works.
Are you stuck in a project manager role? Tired of middle management? Crushed by the weight of billable hours? Want to live on the beach? Bring your vast consulting experience to Transect’s environmental team, where you can help our clients (developers in renewables, traditional energy, real estate, utility, government, and more) meet their environmental compliance needs from the comfort of your hammock. While we are open to candidates with experience in any part of the US, we will prioritize those candidates with particular experience in the northeast, midwest or south central regions of the US.
Transect is on a mission to automate the natural resources permitting and compliance processes. We started where our clients start - at site selection and due diligence. Our Transect Reports replace the desktop report/critical issues analysis/feasibility report of yesteryear with an automated online, interactive report available in 90 seconds. There are many more things to build on our product roadmap to see our mission through, but we need your help to keep growing! Transect started in 2017 and is venture-backed and well-capitalized for growth. We have over 100 company clients and have run more than 10,000 Transect Reports.
- Use your experience plus our neat backend software tools to curate and maintain Transect’s database of regulations, permits, species data, and more in your area of expertise
- Often our customers request an “expert review” for their Transect Reports - basically a seal of approval we can provide them for extra peace of mind - you get to use your awesome consulting brain to conduct those expert reviews.
- Talk to our clients when they need help or have technical questions about a proposed development project - might be through our online chat function or by phone/email (don’t worry, we have other folks on staff to help reset passwords)
- Read blogs, follow the news, subscribe to newsletters, call your consultant friends, attend conferences - do whatever you need to do to keep with with the changing regulations, permits, species, etc that are in your area of expertise.
- Have a product idea? We really, really want to hear it! You’ll get to work with our product team to add more features to Transect or squash product bugs.. or maybe you’ll come up with our next great product idea!
- A four-year degree in the natural resources sciences
- First-hand permitting experience and applicable knowledge of natural resources regulations in your geographic region of expertise
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to interpret environmental regulations and laws including: Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, NEPA, NHPA, and other state and local regulations
- At least five years of fieldwork assignments including wetland and streams identification, delineation and mapping, threatened and endangered species surveys, and general GIS data collection in the area of geographic expertise
- Experience using GIS software and geodatabase management
- Experience performing desktop analysis of natural resources conditions existing “on the ground” using imagery, land cover, topography, surface waters, habitat, soils, slope and other data.
We are the new paradigm in natural resources due diligence. As such, selected candidates are expected to work within a highly agile environment and adapt to rapid company expansion. An understanding of the development community and natural resources consulting industry sectors, and their use of the Transect platform is critical. As Transect grows in depth and breadth, a selected candidate will be responsible for evolving responsibilities that may include management of subcontractors, in-depth analysis of Transect reports, interaction with clients and participation in training and client onboarding.