Supplier Quality Manager
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Supplier Quality Manager
The Supplier Quality Manager is a high-performance role that will have significant visibility both within and outside the organization. This role requires technical expertise, passion, and interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence outcomes, work through complexity in a fast-paced environment, and establish credibility with peers and senior management.
- Oversee Supplier Quality Engineers for global manufacturing operations
- Support and manage Supplier Quality teams locally and remotely
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement throughout the supply chain
- Travel to vendors to help resolve issues as needed
- Support the Quality Assurance team with returning material to the supplier and follow up of our Supplier Corrective Action Process (SCAR)
- Monitor the quality performance of the supply base and utilize metrics to drive the desired outcomes, including cost and delivery performance where necessary with the Supply Chain team
- Always represent the company in a professional manner and in all interactions
- Develop and maintain the Supplier Quality Manual to ensure it is current and aligned to business objectives and deliverables based on ISO 9001 or equivalent industry standards
- Deliver results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), OTD (On Time Delivery), DPPM (defective parts per million), SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request), and VA/VE (Value Added / Value Engineered) improvements
- Understand risk and risk management as an essential part of the quality engineering work scope
- Review, identify, implement, and maintain Supplier Quality flow-down requirements and serve as voice of the customer for all supplier quality-related activities including root cause corrective action
- First Article Inspection development and implementation
- External audits – audit types, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results, and follow-up
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain with regard to product development and procurement of parts
- Plan, organize, direct, and report all activities and matters relating to supplier performance
- Perform root cause analysis, coordinate and conduct specialized testing and measurement, and resolve problems
- Develop and manage quality metrics using data visualization tools to report and provide information with recommendations for improvements and reduction of cost of poor quality
- 40% travel may be required domestically and internationally
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field (Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical related field preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer
- Proven experience in developing suppliers or launching products
- Strong sense of customer service with high attention to detail
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills
- EV product and process control – planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling, and measurement systems
- A fundamental understanding of quality methodologies (corrective action, root cause analysis), GD&T, customer satisfaction, and professional work ethics
- Ability to understand, interpret, and analyze processes and complex engineering drawings
- Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing and Green Belt certification preferred
- Experience with the requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.