System Integration Engineer
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilitieselectrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provideclean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost andaccelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure.FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV chargingservices to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainableelectrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributedpower source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategicinvestors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate,utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger,FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as weelectrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on usingconventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs withrequests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams areincluding our technology as eligible for incentives, and they areseeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets andprovide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWirehas deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies,commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. Inaddition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bpsubsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, havealready deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S.FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to dateon federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in somecases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and thecompany recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy Americacompliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us@FreeWireTech.
System Integration Engineer
FreeWireTechnologies is seeking a System Integration Engineer to join our team.As a System Integration Engineer, you will help us fundamentally changethe way energy is delivered to electric vehicles. You will helpFreeWire evolve its solutions from providing EV charging where theavailable grid connections do not have the capacity to a full suite ofenergy services that will help accelerate sustainable electrification.You will help define and design future products that will allow us toprovide services like bidirectional connections to the grid.
FreeWire has secured funding to accelerate international marketexpansion of our products and serves leading corporate, utility, andretail customers. To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly.
Weare seeking an extremely motivated individual to lead the design andintegration of our charging systems. Key attributes will be exceedingexpectations, flexibility in performing tasks, a commitment toorganization and documentation, and enthusiasm to do what it takes toget the job done.
- Develop and execute to our system integration roadmap
- Help define and refine the step-by-step process to test prototype and pilot assemblies from the ground up
- Work with software, mechanical, electrical, and hardware groups to analyze and resolve integration issues as they arise
- Capture lessons learned to inform on design, validation, and production builds
- Build, manage, execute, and improve integration plans
- Fault capture and root cause analysis
- Provide system-level information and collaboration on DFMEA
- Utilize product knowledge gained in prototype phase to inform andassist manufacturing with inline test definition and equipmentspecification
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or other related fields
- Proven experience and knowledge in mechanical and electrical systems and fundamentals
- Strong understanding of CANBUS and MODBUS communication protocols
- Comfortable diagnosing system problems and troubleshooting controlsystems, battery, power electronics, and high voltage experience
- Experience in flashing software/firmware on microcontrollers and calibration of software variables
- Proficient in data acquisition, analysis, and reporting technical details
- Ability to manage timelines and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with harness schematic tools such as Creo Schematic
- Willing to travel 20%
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may besubject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of thecompany. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties notspecifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
Weprovide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, andequity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end ofthe range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on severalfactors, including location, skills, and experience level.
AtFreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all ourcandidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex,pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, maritalstatus, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, orany other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologiesbelieves in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications andexperiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.