Everactive brings self-powered intelligence to the physical world. Operating without batteries, the company’s always-on wireless sensors deliver continuous cloud-based analytics at a scale not possible with battery-powered devices. Everactive’s end-to-end solutions are built upon groundbreaking advances in ultra-low-power circuit design and wireless communication that allow the company to power its Eversensors exclusively from harvested energy.
About This Role
The Sales Engineer (SE) position functions as part of the account team. The objectives of the SE are to drive sales and promote customer adoption of Everactive products and technology. In a pre-sales capacity, this means the SE will be able to demonstrate functionality and value of any and all aspects of the hardware and software to a prospective customer. After the initial install phase, the highest priority for the SE is to support the Customer Success organization to ensure customer satisfaction. This is a multi-faceted position that will require excellent communication skills. At any given time, the SE may need to effectively interact with any member of the Everactive team. Likewise, the audience for customer facing communications could range from C-suite executives to plant and facility personnel. The ideal candidate will be comfortable not just in a sales capacity, but also operation and training on every aspect of the product. The SE is expected to be a subject matter expert such that they may provide guidance to the customer’s technical staff. This will include at times; troubleshooting integration issues, providing real-time support, and analyzing data to ensure it leads to actionable outcomes. The task list for the Sales Engineer can be roughly summarized in four categories (percentages may adjust depending on demand and product cycles):
1.) Pre-Sales Process Support 50%
- Provide support to sales managers in the qualification/prospecting process (particularly technical requirements).
- For qualified opportunities, engage directly with customers to present all aspects of Everactive solutions, including hardware installation, software implementation.
- Assist in the creation of proposal documentation, specifically payback/ROI models during the customer decision making process.
- Represent Everactive in trade shows, webinars, social media, and other relevant customer facing discussions where appropriate.
- Installation and oversight of customer demo environments and proof-of-concept deployments.
2.) Implementation / Commissioning 30%
- Deploy, Monitor and Train customers during the pilot phase of a project.
- Evaluate facility readiness, including the creation and maintenance of site-specific preparation documentation. May include the customization of installation guides, physical requirements, network connectivity, power requirements, along with associated best practices.
- Identify necessary customer personnel, and work to set expectations among customer stakeholders to ensure success.
- Support of the Installation teams during deployment when necessary.
3.) Post-Sales Support / Account Maintenance 15%
- Work with Customer Success personnel to ensure customer health and prevent churn.
- Escalation point for site-specific integration issues (Tier 2+) from helpdesk.
- Provide insight in customer-facing knowledge base and support ticketing system.
- Delivery of training and knowledge transfer to key customer personnel, both in-person and via remote webinar, phone call, or video where necessary.
- When necessary, assist Everactive staff in determining the source of customer issues (hardware/ software/firmware).
- Ongoing direct support for top-tier personnel in high profile customer environments.
- Act as a liaison between Everactive developers and customers when severe issues have been identified. This may require sole management of company messaging until a customer issue has been completely resolved.
- Identify opportunities for expansion and growth in existing customer environments
4.) Proactive Product Assistance 5%
- Provide feedback to marketing, design, and engineering teams on product success and failure in customer environments.
- Supply marketing with feature request lists and assist in ranking the urgency of the requests.
- Maintain an understanding of Everactive’s technical strengths and weaknesses against market competition.
- Identify faults in technology or process regarding customer use-cases or interaction. This could include business process faults within Everactive, independent of product.
- Advocate on behalf of customers to assist in solving integration or technical issues.
- Production of post-mortem or after-action reports to document successes, failures, and areas of necessary growth.
- Assist in the testing and deployment of pre-release hardware and software, providing feedback on viability and stability from the potential user’s perspective
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in building and maintaining customer relationships over multiple years. The SE must be able to represent all aspects of the business with sufficient depth to protect the time of internal company resources. A successful SE will be able to demonstrate the value of Everactive products to potential customers in a multitude of environments- phone discussions, front-of-room presentations, expo hall conversation, elevator pitch etc.
This position will require travel, including air travel approximately 50% of the time. Customer demand may dictate periods of time that exceed 50%.
About our Values
Successful Everactive employees routinely exhibit our four core values:
- Pioneering ideas: to revolutionize computing, we look for the best ideas without being constrained by existing approaches. This clean slate, first principles approach expands our creative scope and helps us lead development of the next generation IIoT with field-changing technology.
- Rigorous, honest thinking: we approach all of our endeavors with intellectual honesty and rigor. This honesty leads us to careful self-evaluation - identifying and admitting what we do not know – and to making hard decisions when we believe they are right.
- Live well, work well: we believe that there are many things in life that are more important than work and that a fulfilling life outside of work makes it easier to do excellent work when you are focusing on the work part of life. Likewise, working well makes life more fulfilling.
- One Team: We are a team of diverse individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We are strongest when we respect and embrace our differences. This requires that we share our thoughts, ask questions, and candidly provide feedback and encouragement to others. We are passionately committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, beliefs, identity, orientation, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity drives our greatest achievements.
Everactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Everactive is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in all its forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
We are committed to recruit, hire, and develop an exceptional team of individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We recognize that our team is strongest when we respect and embrace differences while cultivating a culture of inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, orientation, beliefs, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity is what drives our greatest achievements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.