Marketing Manager B2B Marketplace
About EnMass Energy:
EnMass Energy is a tech-enabled commodity brokerage and end-to-end marketplace solution for energy projects sourcing unconventional fuel sources. Our software platform leverages proprietary waste management, agricultural, commercial, industrial, and retail market information to empower energy project developers, operators, and investors to procure waste commodities and manage waste-to-energy supply chains. We are constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver high quality, actionable operational guidance and procurement strategy, as well as the associated impacts on energy supply chains.
About our team:
EnMass Energy needs experienced, cross-functional team members to help us achieve our mission – connecting any type of waste commodity to any type of energy project. We are a pragmatic, data-driven team comfortable using industry standard software techniques on new and non-traditional data sets and operational use-cases. We build systems that create entirely new commodity markets, connect suppliers with our projects, and optimize every step of the process with digital efficiencies. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
About the Opportunity:
The Marketing Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for creating and managing the EnMass Energy marketplace, as well as executing marketing programs for multiple B2B industry segments. This professional will develop and execute integrated marketing strategies and sales support initiatives around multiple products and team-targeted priorities. He/she must have experience with building/managing B2B marketplaces, marketing message development, and functional expertise in content marketing/thought leadership, lead generation, advertising/public relations, digital and social media marketing, and direct sales programs. This professional will develop both product and service-based marketing campaigns and programs to support audience building and supplier relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute on detailed tactical plans as defined in the omni-channel marketing strategies for the launch and growth of EnMass Energy’s global B2B Marketplace.
- Drive stakeholder engagement and resource aggregation on B2B Marketplace to continually enrich the marketplace offering.
- Manage customer feedback mechanisms to help drive product development, sales and marketing efforts by creating processes to share feedback across the organization
- Prior experience working with an enterprise-level CRM or Marketing Automation platforms such as HubSpot, or similar.
- Experience managing SEO/SEM, PPC, social media, display and mobile advertising campaigns that are proven to raise awareness and drive lead generation
- Manage execution of all email, direct mail, social, and advertising deployments to drive digital marketplace engagement
- Work collaboratively with other EnMass Energy teams
- Manage internal and external resources in the execution of marketing activities that achieve strategic and marketing goals
- Publish and distribute thought leadership content
- Partner with practice professionals on the development of the content strategy, editorial calendar, and distribution channels
- Execute programs, monitor and track results, and manage lead generation and follow up activities related to the content program
- Plan and execute additional relationship development and lead generation programs as necessary. This could include digital advertising, webinars, live or virtual events, direct mail, or other programs as deemed necessary.
- Develop presentations, marketing collateral, sales materials and other sales support content, whether digital or hard copy.
- Support a public relations strategy which positions EnMass Energy expert professionals as thought leaders.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- Experience in segmenting targets to develop tailored messaging/content to meet disparate groups with varying needs
- An ability to thrive in a dynamic and evolving environment; and be resourceful and creative in designing solutions and surmounting challenges
- A proven team player and self-starter mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience launching, releasing, and managing B2B marketplaces highly preferred
- Expertise around marketplace growth or management of suppliers
- Identifying skill gaps, team hiring, management, and development experience is a plus
- A passion for or experience in the critical, complex, and ever-evolving energy, sustainability, or infrastructure industries.
This is a position with significant growth potential and upside – we are looking to develop a team around this hire, but we need and expect the Marketing Manager to be hands-on from day 1 as our company grows and scales further.
We are operating remote until it is safe to have an in-person office policy, so we will consider candidates located anywhere in the US. Our preference is for candidates located in the Durham, NC or Boulder, CO areas – or a willingness to relocate to one of these two areas within a year of starting the position.
About our culture:
We believe a circular economy and energy system is the most impactful solution to climate change. That’s why it’s our mission to make waste-to-energy and waste-to-value projects easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the EnMass Energy Platform – a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. EnMass Energy today connects thousands of clients and suppliers across multiple countries. Started in 2015, we’re backed by a number of big players in the industry, including Cox Enterprises and TechStars.
Worried about not having any experience with Waste to Energy?
Don’t be! We’re building the first of its kind software platform for waste-to-energy. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the renewable energy industry forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.